Our experience is for you. Here are some elements to consider to prevent screen burn-in.
As great as the OLED, AMOLED, Super AMOLED and the rest of the OLED family screens are, one of the biggest potential problems may be "burning."
Burn-in is a permanent discolouration of a screen caused by irregular use of pixels. You will visually notice that a persistent part of the image remains on the screen (logos, letters, images, among others) as a ghostly background no matter what else appears on the screen, as shown in the image.
Galaxy S6 edge+ with screen burning
Burn-in happens even in the best families. This effect has also been presented on screens that share the same technology. Are you surprised? Some of the brands that occupy this type of technology are: Samsung, LG, Huawei, Motorola, Apple.
Pixel usage is inevitable, what is important is how to extend the life of our devices on display.
|The Dobly logo is clearly visible on the LG OLED screen|
At SensorMedia we have detected the main cases that can cause the screens to be damaged:
- The same image or interface is shown on the screen for extended periods of time.
- The device screen is never turned off or rarely turns off.
- The brightness of the screen is 100%.
- Strong visual contrasts have been used, for example, a blue background with letters and logo in white.
Best practices in screen burning prevention.
The message and corporate image of your customers should be present at all times that the store operates, to ensure that this happens, we want to share with you the best practices.
- Work time - The store hours must be defined so the screens turn off or reduce their brightness automatically by the end of the day.
- Screen brightness - The brightness of the screens should be set as low as the store environment allows. You can configure this from your account for all devices.
- Avoid static images - When creating your campaign, avoid static images, a common mistake is to place the logo in the same place throughout the campaign. Change the position of your logo between slides and even in videos.
- Texts in different positions - When a text is displayed several times on your slide, for example, the name of the device on the slides of the price tag, make sure they are in a different position on each slide.
- Longer transitions - When you are occupying a campaign with slides, use longer transitions between them and use slides with solid colours between those with text.
- Use contrasts - In each slide try to contrast the colours, if in one slide you have your logo with white color, in the following slide use a solid color.
- INTRO Video - Use this functionality to attract your customers, the intro video plays at the same time on all your devices and also helps to refresh the screen.
- Change campaigns - Even the most attractive video after a period of time is no longer, change your campaigns, keep your audience captive and increase the life of your devices.
- Campaigns with automatic orientation - If the operation of your client allows it, try to configure your campaign for an automatic orientation, this will allow when a device is rotated, texts, images, videos, etc. will change places.
- Different actions for device states - Set your campaign to perform different actions when you touch it or lift it differently than it does when it is on idle. For example, place a different image or video, or when lifting the device, configure it to go to the initial screen of the device.
- Avoid white elements in dark backgrounds - If possible, do not use white, instead use a very light gray tone, this will prevent the use of all the pixels that are required to create the white light.
With these practices you will improve the end user experience and customer satisfaction.
SmartCircle is currently active in more than 23,000 devices around the world. Our knowledge and experience is for you.